“Let Your Voice Be Heard” – Virtual Legislative Workshops – May 13-25
The Delaware 4-H State Teen Council invites 4-H members ages 8-19 to participate in 3 different workshops to show how people of all ages can work with our state legislators to let their voices be heard as well as the general legislative process.
- Session 1 Thursday, May 13 (7-8 pm) – Let Your Voice Be Heard
- Examples of how youth can work with legislators to make bills and pass laws.
- Session 2 Thursday, May 20 (6-7 pm) – How a Bill Becomes a Law/Voting Process
- Legislators will review the process of a bill becoming a law.
- 4-H Alumni, John Moller, will review the voting process and show how absentee ballots are counted.
- Session 3 Tuesday, May 25 (7-8 pm) – Ask a Legislator
- Legislators will hold a question and answer session on any questions members have about government.
- Bar Soap (packaged or in a container)
- Adhesive Bandages (colorful ones for kids)
- Reusable plastic containers (Ex: Cup, water bottle, bowl. Fill empty container with non-liquid items such as bows, bracelets, washcloths, etc.)
Remember do NOT Include: toothpaste, gum, candy, food, seeds, lotions, vitamins, breakable items, aerosol cans, used or damaged items.
Operation Christmas Child February Donations – Accessories
Members who have donations, please find a time to take them to your Club Leader who will make sure the items are delivered to your County 4-H Educator. All donations statewide will be boxed and distributed to Operation Christmas Child in the Fall of 2021.
· Tote bag/purse
· Friendship bracelets (woven with yarn or embroidery thread)
· Decorative hat
· Wrist watch
· Tote bag/purse
· Hair accessories (hair bows, hair clips, hair ribbons, elastic hair bands, etc.)
Collect your donations at home and bring to the next in person club meeting!
The 2020 National 4-H Congress will take place November 27- December 1, 2020. Below are the award procedures and application, which will also be updated on the website.
Applications are due May 1, 2020.
2020 National 4-H Congress Dates and Procedures
2020 National Congress Application fill-in form
Community Service Activities Entire month of April
National Day of Service April 25
This April, as part of True Leaders in Service and National Volunteer Appreciation Month, 4-H’ers
across the nation will pledge their hands to larger service – leading positive change that empowers their peers and their communities.
True Leaders in Service will officially kick-off the first day of April, and culminate with the
National 4-H Day of Service on Saturday, April 25, 2020.
Join the movement!
To learn more about True Leaders in Service visit:
True Leaders in Service
Please pre-register by contacting Jill Jackson by Friday, Feb. 21
If you are interested in going on the field trip, please fill out and return the below form to Jill Jackson, Sussex Co. 4-H (address included on form):
Service Project Opportunity
Montly Online Newsletter From New Castle County, Delaware 4-H!