The flowers are in full bloom, the bees are buzzing, and the pollen is on everything. Sorry, all my allergy friends out there. With the spring weather in full swing, we are gearing up for some exciting 4-H opportunities for you! Be sure to read through the whole newsletter to make sure you don’t miss a thing in the coming month.
4-H Paper Clover beings in May at all Tractor Supply stores. Be sure to stop into the Middletown Tractor supply and support New Castle 4-H. Donations from the Paper Clover go back to the county 4-H program to benefit you!
Every little bit that we can do to help others in need goes a long way. Here are some Community Service opportunities for your club:
1. The Hope Center (shelter facility in hotel off 95) is in need of instant Oatmeal. Your 4-H club can do an Oatmeal drive! Bring oatmeal to your next meeting and we can drop it off to the Hope center for you.
2. Andrew’s Place and Epiphany House both have meal openings in the coming months. If your club is interested in putting together a meal for either location, please reach out to me and I will put you in contact with the representative.
Important activities and events coming up (listed in this Newsletter):
· Delaware 4-H Foundation scholarship due May 1st
· Archery training May 7th 5:30-7:30, May 16th 2-4pm and May 23rd 2-4pm
· State Fair tagging dates May 8th
· Demonstration contest May 15th starting at 9am
· 1st State Jackpot show May 15th at State Fair grounds
· Dairy Leases due May 17th to county office
· Final Judging contest May 18th
· Virtual Legislative Day series – be on the lookout for more information
· Food Art Challenge due May 28
Delaware State Fair registration closes on June 1st at 11:59pm for all exhibitors. Enter through the Delaware State Fair exhibitor’s page. Please be make sure you are registering in the 4-H Section not the Children’s department. A tentative date for the 4-H building set up is set for Wednesday, June 30th.
It’s never too early to start working on your record book! Be on the lookout for the new and updated record book formats. I know it seems far off but unfortunately, the summer will fly by and September will be here before we know it!
Please don’t hesitate to contact the 4-H office with any questions or concerns and we hope to see you at a 4-H event soon!
Yours in 4-H,
Extension Educator, 4-H
Stay “in the know” with Delaware 4-H online!
· Facebook: www.facebook.com/Delaware4H
· Twitter: @Delaware4H
· Youtube (Playlist): www.udel.edu/008350 · Website: www.udel.edu/4-H