This nice weather sure has been a tease for the spring and summer approaching fast! We have had some busy weekends with Favorite Foods, Photography contest and State Teen Conference. Get ready for March and April! Please make sure to read through everything as many due dates are coming up.
Last call for anyone who has not re-enrolled in 4-H Online, March 1st is the deadline. Club leaders, check in with your families to make sure everyone had re-enrolled! If you have any questions, please reach out to Serena. You can register HERE.
We would like to congratulate Gabe Trunfio and Melanie Witte for being selected to represent New Castle County at National 4-H Conference in April.
Calling all Seniors don’t forget to fill out the Delaware 4-H Foundation scholarship and the Senior Spotlight!
Up and coming items to be aware of:
– Egg My Yard Fundraiser (due March 24)
– Kent County Basket Auction (March 24)
– Judging contests (March 27: Wildlife/ Horticulture and April 24: Photography/ Clothing/ Wood science)
– Litter Barrel registration (due March 31)
– Younger Member Overnighter (April 1-2)
– Delaware State Fair Entries open (April 1)
Inclement Weather Policy – If the Christina School District closes for the day, has early dismissal, or cancels after-school activities, then New Castle County 4-H events are cancelled. Weekend 4-H events will be cancelled if the University of Delaware closes or cancels events.
If you need anything before, we see you at our next event, workshop or get together don’t hesitate to reach out to Ms. Jenny, Serena and me! We hope to see you soon at the next 4-H event.
Yours in 4-H,
Extension Educator, 4-H
Stay “in the know” with Delaware 4-H online!
· Facebook: www.facebook.com/Delaware4H
· Twitter: @Delaware4H
· Youtube (Playlist): https://www.udel.edu/008350
· Website: www.udel.edu/4-H