Dear 4-H Families and Friends,
What a fabulous Ag Day 2019 and National 4-H Day of Service! Enthusiastic 4-Hers were everywhere helping out and explaining about their club work. We would like to thank everyone involved, whether it be with club exhibits, promoting 4-H or staffing booths. It was a great day of service from many dedicated individuals.
Special thanks to Brenda and Denis Shaffer for leading and anchoring the Leaders Association Food Booth. Thank you to those who donated supplies and hands to ensure a profitable day. The funds raised support 4-H activities throughout the year as well as camp scholarships.
As of April 25, 2019 National 4-H announced that Delaware 4-H is holding on to third place in a national 4-H “Raise Your Hand” call-to-action initiative. The three states or territories with the most hands raised will receive $20,000, $10,000, and $5,000 respectively toward local 4-H programming and events. From now until May 15, Delaware 4-H invites the local community to show its support for 4-H outreach and education in the First State by voting for Delaware on the Raise Your Hand website. Please share widely!
I’m sounding the last call for Demonstration Contest participants. Please enter by May 6 for the May 11 event.
Looking ahead, there is much to be excited about in the coming months. Check the calendars and blog posts to make sure you do not miss events and deadlines.
- May 10 – NCC Livestock Show Entries Due, postmark date
- May 11 – Demonstration Contest (Register by May 6)
- May 14 – NCC Links Meeting at NCC office
- May 19 – State 4-H Alumni Social, Mispillion River Brewing, Milford, DE
- May 20 – Leader’s, Jr. Council, Exchange Group Meetings
- May 23 – Dairy Judging Training, Cook Farm
- May 29 – NCC Youth Quality Control Assurance Training
- June 1 – Delaware State Fair entries close
Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. We are here to help!
Yours in 4-H,
Betsy, Kaitlin, Serena and Maureen