Dear 4-H Families and Friends,
Summer is fast approaching and New Castle County 4-H is gearing up for the NCC Livestock Show, State 4-H and Day camps, a visit from the Montana Exchange trip and the Delaware State Fair (entries due TODAY, June 1 by 11:59 PM).
Speaking of the exchange group and the fair, now is the time to get your Delaware State Fair coupon book at the cost of $10. (over $2400 of savings) Contact the 4-H office or any exchange group member. Sales end June 29.
Congratulations to the following 4-H Jr. Council members who are graduating this month. Thank you for your leadership and best wishes as you start the next chapter.
- Alyson Melson- Meado Larks 4-H Club – St. Georges HS – Washington College
- Shannon Murray – Camp Counselor Club – Padua Academy – Univ. of Delaware
- Andrew Shaffer- Summit Bridge 4-H Club – St. Marks HS – Univ. of Delaware
- Patrick Trunfio – Stump Corner 4-H Club – Middletown HS – Univ. of Southern California
Congratulations to demonstration and judging contest participants who are heading to the state competitions. (See results in the news blog)
Important reminders –
- NC Livestock Judging Contest will be held Friday, June 8 at 6:30 pm in the Kent Building at the state fairgrounds. This will be the final qualifier for the state contest. In addition, the NCC Livestock Committee is offering a cash prize!
- Cow camp registration is due June 8. No late registrations will be accepted!
STATE FAIR HELPERS AND VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
The fair is not possible without talented 4-Hers and adult volunteers that make it all happen. Consider volunteering to help set-up the building (July 9), check-in exhibits, and assist judges (July16-19). Help is always needed, especially adult volunteers! We ask that all helpers be age 8 or older. Any questions or to sign up please contact Maureen Ernst (831-4973 or email@example.com).
Looking ahead, 4-H Project Record Books will be due September 24. These are a great opportunity for 4-H members to detail their activities and experiences during the past 4-H year. Take the time now to start completing your record book. The forms can be found on the county and state 4-H webpages. Be sure to ask your leader, an older 4-H member or your county agents for help. Then, plan to attend the Fall Achievement Celebration! It promises to be a fun filled event recognizing our wonderful 4-Hers!
There will not be a News Flash Blog in July or August. Important news, updates and reminders will be sent as needed.
Have a safe and fun-filled summer. We hope to see you at a 4-H event!
Yours in 4-H,
Betsy, Kaitlin and Serena