As you are aware, the State 4-H Clothing & Textiles Showcase event was not able to take place during the recent Delaware State Fair. As we continue to plan various state 4-H events, we have made the decision to coordinate and conduct the 2020 State 4-H Clothing & Textiles Showcase through a “Virtual Showcase.”
The major components of this event will take the following format:
- Participants will be asked to complete the 4-H Clothing & Textiles Showcase application. This application can be found on the State 4-H Website under the section: Contest and Event Information (and then under Clothing and Textiles Showcase). The information is currently being updated on the website and will be available to retrieve shortly.
- Participants will be asked to develop a script (as they would do each year) that will be read when they wear and model their garment in a video that each participant will be asked to produce. Guidelines on how to develop a script can be found in the application document. In is expected that scripts for younger youth will be shorter than those for older youth. In developing this script, participants should limit the length to a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of 60 seconds.
NOTE: Since we plan to upload these on our website and to use on social media, we ask that you introduce yourself using your FIRST NAME ONLY. Please do not use your full name in your script.
- Participants will be asked to produce a video of them wearing and modeling their garment. While they are doing their modeling, participants should have someone read their script. NOTE: All videos should be done in a HORIZONTAL mode (not vertical). The completed video should be uploaded to UD Dropbox using the following directions:
- Send videos via UD Dropbox
- Click the “Drop-off” button.
- Enter your information in Box 1.
- In Box 2 for recipient email, enter: de4h
- Upload your file in Box 3 and then hit the “Drop-off the file(s)” box.
- Participants will be asked to bring their completed Clothing Showcase garment along with their completed application to their respective County 4-H Office on September 30th. Specific times for drop-off of these items will be shared by your County 4-H Office.
- The State 4-H office will coordinate the judging of the garments with designated judges.
- The State 4-H Office will coordinate all videos submitted into a combined video. This combined video will be shown on a Zoom session that will be scheduled on Thursday, October 15th at 6:30 pm. The Zoom link connection will be provided prior to the event to all participants. We hope that all participants as well as their families can join to participate in this Zoom session, but attendance is not mandatory. Awards will be announced at the end of the session. The combined video will also be shared later on our State 4-H website as well as on our social media pages for additional audiences to view.
- Awards will be presented based on the 4-H Danish system with each entry receiving a ribbon. Each blue ribbon will entry receive a $15.00 monetary premium. Any monetary premiums awarded will be mailed out to participants by the Delaware State Fair at a future date. Please be aware that we will not utilize an Honor Court system for the 2020 Clothing Showcase event.
- Garments will be returned to your respective 4-H Club Leader for further distribution to the 4-H members.
4-H Contact for Questions:
Doug Crouse, State 4-H Program Leader
(302) 233-1750 (Cell)