Light Up Snowman
Snowmen are great winter time decorations to set up on your shelves when taking down your Christmas decorations. Here is a snowman craft that will help give a feeling of warmth and coziness as the snow is falling outside.
A how to video can be found at the link below. You may choose to skip over the directions for the mirror base.
- Rust-oleum 2x ultra cover matte clear finish spray or frosted finish spray
- Small fish bowl vase (This will be the head of the snowman.)*
- Medium fish bowl vase (This will be the body of the snowman.)*
- Black permanent marker
- Orange permanent marker
- Snowflake stick ons for buttons
- Scarf (ribbon, strip of material, or knitted)
- Hat (ornament from dollar store or hand made)
- Battery operated tea candle
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towel or cloth
- Adhesive glue for glass
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Clean the vases with a glass cleaner and let dry.
- Spray the outside of the vases with matte clear finish or frosted finish spray and let dry completely.
- The openings of the vases are the bottoms.
- Draw eyes and a mouth on the side of the small vase using the black permanent marker.
- Draw a carrot nose (thin long triangle shape) using the orange permanent marker.
- Glue the face painted bowl to the bottom side of the body bowl using the glass adhesive.
- Let dry.
- Add the snowflake buttons to the body.
- Glue on the hat to the top of the head using the hot glue.
- Cut the scarf material to the desired length, wrap around the neck, and tie.
- Set the snowman over a lighted battery operated tea candle.
- Black sparkle cardstock (found in the scrapbooking section)
Draw and cut a circle from the cardstock for the top of the hat.
Cut a rectangle shape from the cardstock to fit around the circumference of the circle plus a 1/4 inch.
Glue the rectangle around the outer edge of the circle forming a hat shape.
Glue the two ends of the rectangle. (The edges should overlap 1/4 inch.)
Draw and cut a circle slightly larger than the first from the cardstock for a brim.
Glue the larger circle to the bottom of the hat.
Glue some decorations onto the hat.
The sizes of the circles and the rectangle depend on the size of your vase.
*These may be found in the vase aisle of a dollar store.