WVUD’s Campus Voices hosted a special panel on gender issues in the workplace. The two-episode panel featured three professors from the Lerner College of Business and Economics – Wendy Smith, Amanda Bullough and Kyle Emich – and professor Jessica Edwards of the English department. The panelists explored the challenges women face in the workplace and offered insights into how these issues can be combated.
The panel discussed intersectional feminism and the reasons why women are treated differently in the workplace, and they offered advice for college women who are preparing to enter the workforce. The professors weighed in on the university’s initiatives to create an even playing field for women and advised men on how they can contribute to women’s success.
Listen to the Interview
Part 1, recorded December 1, 2017. First aired December 14, 2017.
Part 2, recorded December 1, 2017. First aired December 28, 2017.
About our Panelists
- Wendy Smith, Associate Professor of Business Administration
- Amanda Bullough, Assistant Professor of Management
- Kyle Emich, Assistant Professor of Business Administration
- Jessica Edwards, Assistant Professor of English
- Lerner Women’s Leadership Forum
- Why Diversity Matters
- Women in the Workplace 2017
- Project Implicit
- Gendered Language in Teacher Reviews
Allison Delaney: co-host, audio editor, pre-production researcher
Liz Webb: co-host
Ryan Thornton: web page editor, pre-production researcher
Sam O’Donnell: pre-production researcher
Nicole Parr: pre-production researcher
Richard Gordon: producer, audio engineer