- Provide a focal point for faculty members on the University of Delaware campus working in the area of bridge engineering.
- Bring together researchers from diverse disciplines and institutions to address the growing problem of maintaining and renewing bridge infrastructure.
- Advance the state-of-the-art of bridge engineering.
- Attract the best students to the Center and educate outstanding bridge engineers.
- Transfer newly developed and existing technology from other fields of study to enhance the world’s bridge infrastructure.
Photo Credit: DelDOT Indian River Inlet Bridge.