APTA Woodruff Lecture

APTA Woodruff Lecture

Dr. Gregory Hicks, PT, PhD, FAPTA, delivered the inaugural Lynda D. Woodruff lecture on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Physical Therapy. In the lecture he discusses topics on diversity, equity, and health disparities within our profession. In addition to...
Expanding Horizons For Shear-Thickening Fluid

It expands, it contracts, it gets stronger, it lets up — it reacts to changing conditions in formidable and comfortable ways. And the adventures of shear-thickening fluid, invented by University of Delaware Professor Norm Wagner and alumnus Eric Wetzel and now...
Functional, Fashionable Pockets

Functional, Fashionable Pockets

Martha Hall, Director of Innovation at CHS and BIOMS Faculty, is featured as a co-author of a new 208-page book that offers a practical guide to the design and construction of functional and fashionable pockets. Read more about the work in this UDaily...
BIOMS Faculty Spotlight

BIOMS Faculty Spotlight

“When I first became a physical therapist, I actually thought I wanted to do pediatrics. I started looking at residency programs and my top choice was the University of Delaware, and so I came to interview here for the orthopedic residency and absolutely loved...
BIOMS Physical Therapy Faculty Win Multiple APTA Awards

The UDPT faculty was represented well at this year’s American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Honors and Awards. Professor Dan White received the Eugene Michels New Investigator Award, Professor Cole Galloway received the Societal Impact Award, and...