Research at UD
UD offers research opportunities for undergraduate students across a wide range of disciplines
Opportunities for undergraduate summer research and internships can be found at the links below:
- UD’s URP office offers a list of research opportunities at other US institutions.
- Interactive Biomaterials REU program at Syracuse seeks applications from undergraduates interested in research on biomaterials: synthetic and natural substances to treat disease or injury.
- Computational Sensing and Medical Robotics REU program at Johns Hopkins offers an intensive ten-week program of laboratory research and instruction with hands-on laboratory research experience and classes.
- Nebraska Summer Research Program offers research opportunities in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields, along with an interdisciplinary Minority Health Disparities program.
- The CHOP Research Institute Summer Scholars Program (CRISSP) is a formal, competitive internship under the direct mentorship of CHOP faculty.
- The University of Pennsylvania Bioengineering Department gives a list of internships organized by application deadline.
- The National Science Foundation funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students through its REU Sites program.
- Rice University has summer undergraduate programs.
- The National Institutes of Health offer summer internship programs in biomedical research (NIH SIP).
- The National Institute of Environmental Health offers a summer internship program that is part of the NIH Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research (NIH SIP).
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology offers summer undergraduate research fellowships.
- The Department of Defense offers an Internship Program that provide students with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers.
- Johnson and Johnson offers many summer internships in many locations.
- Engineering World Health Summer Institute offers young engineers the chance to live in a developing country and use their skills to improve health care there.
- Internships through the Career Services Center.
- The Whitaker International Program offers opportunities abroad.
Job opportunities for graduating undergrads
Various job opportunities are available for graduating undergrads.