Graduate Students can apply for numerous fellowships and scholarships:
- The Whitaker International Program is offering a Fellows and Scholars Program competition, and the 2015 Whitaker International Summer Program.
- UD offers a NSF IGERT program in Systems Biology of Cells in Engineered Environments (SBE2), a multi-disciplinary doctoral traineeship program for students interested in studying Cells in Engineered Environments using the technologies and approaches of Systems Biology.
- NIH’s F31 awards provide predoctoral individuals with supervised research training in specified health and health-related areas leading toward the research degree (e.g., Ph.D.).
- The National Science Foundation’s Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) helps ensure the vitality and diversity of the human resource base of science and engineering in the United States by recognizing and supporting outstanding graduate students in NSF-supported science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines who are pursuing research-based master’s and doctoral degrees at accredited US institutions.
- The Force & Motion Foundation offers scholarships for promising research involving multi-axis measurement or multi-axis testing.
- The George W. Laird Merit Fellowship is given to students working toward graduate degrees in the College of Engineering.
- The Hertz Foundation offers awards to the nation’s most remarkable PhD students in the physical, biological and engineering sciences.
- The Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program established by the Department of Defense supports students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines providing them the opportunity to receive a full scholarship and be gainfully employed upon degree completion.
- Through the National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate fellowship program, the Department of Defense (DoD) awards three-year graduate fellowships to individuals who have demonstrated the ability and special aptitude for advanced training in science and engineering.
- GEM Fellowships are doctoral fellowships at participating GEM Member Universities for underrepresented minority students.
- National Physical Science Consortium (NPSC) graduate fellowships are awarded to individuals pursuing graduate degrees in the physical sciences and related engineering fields, emphasizing recruitment of a diverse applicant pool.
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Medical Research Fellows Program gives students the opportunity to immerse themselves in a year of basic, translational, or applied biomedical research.
- Google offers numerous scholarships to students.
- The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans are given to permanent residents, naturalized citizens if born abroad, or children of naturalized citizen parents for their graduate education.
- The National Security Agency (NSA) awards Women In Defense Horizons Scholarships to women pursuing a course of study aimed at a career in national security.
- The PEO foundation offers scholarships/fellowships to support graduate education for women.
To find more funding opportunities specific to your qualifications, use the Pathways to Science form.
Check out available jobs at following links