Welcome to Biomedical Engineering at the University of Delaware!
Our mission is:
- To deliver a high quality of education in applying quantitative engineering analysis and design to biology and medicine.
- To conduct high impact research at the engineering-biology interface that reveals basic knowledge of disease mechanisms to improve human health, and that develops new technologies and therapies to improve the quality of life.
Our undergraduate program started in Fall 2010 and is capped at 55 students per class. We are very proud of our exceptional students and we celebrated our first graduation in May 2014. The graduate program started in Fall 2012 and has twenty eight outstanding doctoral students. Details of our student enrollment can be found at UD’s College of Engineering website.
We welcome intellectually motivated, creative and diverse individuals to our undergraduate and graduate education and research programs. Our undergraduate program provides the necessary qualifications for employment in biomedical engineering and related professions, and for entry into advanced studies, including medical school, graduate school, and other professional programs. Our graduate program builds upon the University’s established strength in interdisciplinary biomedical research to train future generations of researchers and professionals.
Our affiliated faculty is 76 strong with 21 holding primary or joint appointments. Their research spans several areas including:
- Bioimaging, biomedical computing and bioelectronics
- Biomolecular engineering, cellular engineering and systems biology
- Neuroengineering and rehabilitation engineering
- Tissue engineering, biomaterials and drug delivery
For the latest news about our program, please visit the BME News Page.
Professor and Chair