MAJOR/MINOR CHANGE PROCESS
To request a change of major or minor:
From your UDSIS home screen:
- Select “Change Major/Minor …” from the “Web Forms” blue box.
- When the screen comes up, enter your phone number with dashes.
- Scroll down to where your current major is listed and select “delete” (“keep” if you are adding a second major).
- On the next line, select your new desired major from the drop-down menu and then select “add”.
- If adding/changing a minor, follow the same directions on the “minor” line. If not, simply ignore the “minor” line.
- On the grad term line, select your anticipated graduation term.
- Click on the “add line” bar.
- Go to the bottom right button and select the button to continue to the next page.
- Once the next page comes up, review and make sure it summarizes what you are trying to do (for example – delete your major and add a new one). If it is correct, add your reason for requesting the change in the box indicated and then select the button to submit your request.
- Next, select the “Out Basket” tab and check to confirm that your request is listed. The person listed as “Current Holder” is who your request has been sent to for approval. If your request is not listed in your “Out Basket”, it was not processed correctly and you should go through the process again.
Requests are usually responded to within 48 hours.
To request majors in:
Although it is recommended, students are not required to meet with an advisor before changing their major to Nutrition or Nutrition and Medical Sciences. Students should watch this Nutrition video covering all programs to be sure they are choosing the best major for them. Students may submit their request via the “Change of Major, Minor, Concentration and Graduation Term” webform in UDSIS. Any student that submits a request will be approved to change to Nutrition or Nutrition and Medical Sciences.
To request major in:
Additionally, students must complete CHEM101 (or 103 or 107) and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Once all of the requirements have been met, the student then submits their request via the “Change of Major, Minor, Concentration and Graduation Term” webform on UDSIS. Any student that meets the requirements will be approved to change to Nutrition and Dietetics.
To request majors in:
Although it is recommended, students are not required to meet with an advisor before changing their major to Health Behavior Science. Students may submit their request via the “Change of Major, Minor, Concentration and Graduation Term” webform in UDSIS.
Any student that submits a request will be approved to change to Health Behavior Science. Any student that has completed CHEM103 or CHEM107 (C- or better) and has a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher will be approved to change to Health Behavior Science with a Concentration in Health and Disability.
To request minors:
Freshmen and/or transfer students must wait until after first semester grades have been posted to request and be approved into the minors. For curricular information about a minor and/or for application process instruction visit our Undergraduate Minors page.
Current Minors in BHAN include:
- Coaching Science
- Health and Wellness
- Health, Physical Activity and Disability
- Medical Social Services
- Public Health