26 North College Avenue 004 Carpenter Sports Building
Scheduling Advising Appointments
Academic Advisors are available by appointment and open office hours. Students who wish to discuss detailed or complex topics (such as registration planning, lifting registration holds, changing majors/minors, etc.) should schedule an appointment. Open office hours are available for quick meetings on a first-come/first-served basis and are intended for brief guidance on matters such as withdrawing, dropping/adding, course approval forms, and other topics that can be handled in five-to-ten minute sessions.
Scheduling an Appointment:
College of Health Sciences students now have access to schedule advising appointments with their Academic Advisor in the Blue Hen Success Collaborative (BHSC) system. This system will replace the UDSIS appointment system for Behavioral Health and Nutrition (BHAN) students. Students that wish to schedule with their Faculty Mentor can email them directly. For students not yet in the College of Health Sciences, please email BHAN Advising Assistant, Tory McHugh, at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Step One: Login to BHSC Platform – udel.edu/bluehensuccess – SUCCESS Login (use UDSIS login credentials).
Step Two: From the home page, click Get Assistance.
Step Three: Click through the Schedule Advising Appointment workflow. Be sure to select 20 minute appointment!:
- Type of Appointment – select Advising
- Reason – select Academic Advising; select reason (e.g. Meet with Assigned Advisor)
- Location – select e.g. College of Health Sciences Advisor’s Office
- Advisor – select advisor; your assigned advisor will be indicated as (Your Advisor)
Step Four: Select Appointment Time or view Drop-in Time.
- Appointment – Click into blue availability blocks to select the desired appointment time; proceed through the appointment workflow. You must click Confirm Appointment to officially schedule the appointment!
- Drop-in Time – Click the View Drop-in Times to see details of their office hours & location. Please note that hours are subject to change. No appointments necessary for Drop-in time.
Step Five: As with any system, remember to Logout when you’re done.
- Select Students/Advisors Only: Student access is being implemented in a phased rollout. Your friends or roommates in other colleges may not have access yet. Additionally, not all advisors may be utilizing the system yet however all BHAN advisors are using this new system.
- If you can’t find your advisor’s availability, please contact them directly via phone/email/office hours to learn how to best schedule with them.
- Tutoring Assistance: The Tutoring Assistance service is not available yet to the majority of students. Please visit http://ae.udel.edu/tutoring.