SUGGESTIONS FOR SUCCESS
Welcome to the Department of Behavioral Health and Nutrition (BHAN). We want your academic career to be a success, so here are some tips to get you started:
- Your faculty and advisors are here to help you with decision-making in issues such as major and/or minor academic programs, course selection and sequencing, graduation requirements and career questions. Make good use of this relationship and meet with your advisors on a regular basis, especially before registration periods.
- Your suggested program of study is listed on the back of each checksheet. This is a suggested sequence of courses, dictated in part by pre-requisites and co-requisites. Consult with your advisor on any deviation from the program of study. In some cases, it may be difficult to get into a course that is not in your major or not designated for your class status.
- Always register at your appointed time in April and November. Do not delay, or you will have difficulty scheduling.
- Pay attention to prerequisites, which are listed on the on-line catalog.
- BHAN breadth requirements are different from those in other departments or colleges. Make sure when you select courses to fill the breadth requirements that you are looking at the BHAN list.
- You are responsible for informing your parents/family of your activities if you so desire. We are not permitted to discuss your situation with them due to the Buckley Amendment unless you give your written permission in advance.
- When in doubt about concerns such as academic, career or graduation issues, ask your advisor.
- Read your e-mail once or twice a day.
For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.