MASTER OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH PROMOTION
HEALTH BEHAVIOR SCIENCE PROGRAMS
- Bachelors of Science: Health Behavior Science
- PH.D. Health Behavior Science and Promotion
- M.S. Health Promotion
- Health Coaching Certificate
Apply to the Masters of Science in Health Promotion Program
Request More Information
The Master of Science in Health Promotion prepares professionals to successfully design, implement, administer, and evaluate health promotion interventions. Students are trained in the science and art of helping people change their lifestyle and behaviors through a combination of efforts that involve cognitive and behavioral modification and environmental and cultural change.
The program is designed to meet the needs of both traditional graduate students and working professionals, with graduates having the skills and knowledge to work with a wide variety of populations and in diverse settings. Students can pursue specific areas of emphasis within health promotion, including, for example, exercise science, aging, community health, nutrition, social marketing, health psychology, health communications, public health, global health, worksite health, and behavioral health.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to
- Assess individual and community need for health education and promotion;
- Identify health behavior principles and theories as they apply to health promotion;
- Implement health promotion strategies, interventions, and programs; and
- Conduct evaluation and research related to health promotion.
Click here to download the Program Policy Statement, which covers admission requirements, curriculum information, the comprehensive exam requirement, internship and research project guidelines, financial aid, and other policy issues.