Behavioral Health & Nutrition
017 Carpenter Sports Building
Dr. Lessard’s research focuses on the impact of policy and environmental change interventions. She is especially interested in how childcare environments can be used to improve nutrition and physical activity among young children. She is also involved in program evaluation of a wide range of programs and policies including innovative strategies to address the impacts of medical debt.
- PhD Emory University, 2011, Behavioral Sciences and Health Education
- MPH Tufts University School of Medicine, 2005, Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- BA Tufts University, 2004, Community Health and American Studies
- BHAN 326 – Research Methods and Statistics
- BHAN 609 – Survey Research Methods
- Lessard, L., Speirs, K. E., & Slesinger, N. (2018). Implementation Strategies Used by States to Support Physical Activity Licensing Standards for Toddlers in Early Care and Education Settings: An Exploratory Qualitative Study. Childhood Obesity, 14(6), 386-392.
- Solomon J. & Lessard L. (2016). CarePayment Program hospital outcomes; results from semi-structured interviews with hospital staff. Journal of Health Care Finance, 42(4) http://www.healthfinancejournal.com/index.php/johcf/article/view/66
- Solomon J & Lessard L. (2016). Patient satisfaction with CarePayment and the impact on provider satisfaction and selection (white paper). DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3562.4728 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/295699463_Patient_Satisfaction_with_CarePayment_and_the_Impact_on_Provider_Satisfaction_and_Selection_White_Paper
- Lessard L & Breck A. (2015). Childhood obesity prevention in child care settings: the potential of policy and environmental change interventions. Current Obesity Reports. DOI 10.1007/s13679-015-0154-y.
- Lessard L, Lesesne C, Kakietek J, Breck A, Jernigan J, Dunn L, Nonas C, O’Dell SA, Stephens B, Xu Y & Kettel-Khan L. (2014). Measurement of compliance with New York City’s regulations on beverages, physical activity and screen time in early child care centers. Preventing Chronic Disease, 11:130433.
- Lessard L, Poland M, Trotter M. (2014). Lessons learned from a healthful vending pilot program in Delaware state agency buildings, 2011-2012. Preventing Chronic Disease, 11:140188.