Upload Narrated PowerPoint to My Media in Canvas
You can upload a narrated PowerPoint slide deck to your Canvas course for students to see and listen to. All it takes are four easy steps.
- Narrate. Follow these steps from Microsoft to Record Audio Narration in your PowerPoint file first.
- Convert. Next, follow these steps from Microsoft to Convert your PowerPoint file into a MP4 video. If prompted, you can choose a size of “1080p.” The conversion may take some time.
- Upload. You should now have a MP4 file of your voice and slides. Upload this file to My Media in Canvas by following this video on how to Add New Media to Canvas.
- Publish. Finally, you are ready to publish the video in your course for your students to see it. You have two options:
- Media Gallery. A quick way is to Publish to the Media Gallery of the course. This is a great way if you only have a few videos. Students visit the Media Gallery will need to locate the video they are to watch.
- Embed. Another way is to embed the video directly in a module page. The process is the same for an announcement, quiz, discussion post, etc. anywhere the Rich Text Editor is available.