When you use Zoom to record and select the “record to cloud” option, your recording is saved in your Zoom account and then is automatically uploaded to your My Media in Canvas and UD Capture Space. If a service interruption causes this automatic upload to fail, you can still manually upload the recording by following these steps.
- Visit your UD Zoom account by logging into the UD Zoom Portal and clicking on “Sign In.” If prompted, enter your UD credentials.
- Click “Recordings” on the left. You should now see all of your Zoom recordings.
- Locate the recording you need and click Download. This will download a series of files to your computer. Locate the file ending in MP4. This is the video recording of your meeting. You’ll need to locate this again in an upcoming step.
- Log into Canvas or UD Capture Space and click on the “My Media” tool.
- At the top right, click on the “Add New” button and choose “Media Upload.” Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Drag and drop your video file from step 3 to upload. While the file uploads, complete the form by filling in the title, description, and tags. Don’t skip this step! Be descriptive so you can locate your recording later.
- Choose the privacy setting for your video. To share with your students in Canvas, publish it to your “Media Gallery” or embed it into a page or module. To share using UD Capture, see these tutorials.
- Click “Save” to complete the upload.