- Drop-in tutoring: Free; no appointment necessary. Tutoring is available in various subjects M-F at 148-150 S. College Ave. Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Visit our website (http://ae.udel.edu) to see the subject-specific schedule.
- Individual tutoring: Nominal fee ($12-$15). Individual tutors are listed in our online TutorFind Directory. Contact a tutor to set up an appointment.
- Group tutoring: Weekly review sessions are established each semester, based on subject and student demand.
- Supplemental Instruction: Weekly peer-led review sessions coordinated by staff and assigned to identified historically-difficult courses.
STUDY SKILLS ASSISTANCE
- Workshops at the OAE. We appreciate your posting our workshop schedule where it will be visible to students visiting your department; feel free to make as many copies as you wish.
- Online workshops. These workshops are designed to help students identify skill areas they need to improve in, to practice new techniques, and to evaluate their progress. A Putting it into Practice component allows professors to assign a workshop and review results of an activity keyed to applying new concepts.
- Study Skills course (UNIV113). This one-credit pass/fail course includes comprehensive coverage of strategies for successful studying, which are then put to use in a concurrent “target class” of the student’s choice. While the course is aimed at freshmen and sophomores, exceptions can be made for other students when needed.
- Academic Intake appointments. Any student can meet with one of our staff members to assess his/her current study strategies and develop a plan for strengthening those strategies. In particular, students in academic difficulty can benefit from this one-on-one academic counseling.
For more details on OAE services, visit our website.