UDairy Creamery Server- Wilmington
This is a part-time, non-benefitted position not to exceed 20 hours per week during spring and fall semesters and 30 hours per week during the summer. Employees will be scheduled for daytime, nights, and weekends depending on availability. Pay will commensurate with experience. The UDairy Creamery is an entity of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. The Creamery is primarily a student-run non-profit business.
DEADLINE: Currently Hiring
CONTEXT OF JOB:
Under the general direction of the Creamery Manager and Store Supervisors, the server is responsible for serving customers ice cream and other creamery products in a friendly, respectful and expedient manner as well as producing ice cream and other food items at the UDairy Creamery, for the Creamery Storefront.
• At least 1 year of food service or retail experience is preferred but not required.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team setting.
• Customer service and food handling experience is preferred.
• Must be a University of Delaware student in the Associates in Arts program, or a high school senior committed to attending the Associates program in the upcoming semester.
• Follow standard cleaning and sanitizing procedures and safe food handling
• Operate a cash register with minimal supervision
• Serve customers in a friendly, respectful and expedient manner
• Scoop ice cream, prepare ice cream desserts, cakes and novelty items
• Production of ice cream for sale at the UDairy Creamery
• Prep and prepare food items such as burger, grilled cheese, & grab and go items.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume along with the names, addresses and telephone number of at least two references. Please e-mail all information to UDairy Creamery Market Manager, LeeAnne Ahamad at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment offers are conditional upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html