HOSP180710: Introduction to Hospitality Business Management
(Online HYBRID Class)
The course is an introduction to the Hospitality and Tourism Industry which covers topics from one of the top ten Industries in the World and one of the top five industries in the State of Delaware! The course provides information about the numerous segments of the hospitality industry, history of hospitality, current trends and related issues. Students will be exposed to a variety of learning experiences that can expand their knowledge of the dynamic and global hospitality industry.
The course includes a guest speaker series with industry leaders and students will learn about careers in hospitality business management in these growing fields:
- Tourism, Hotel, Restaurant, Casino, Event and Meeting Management
Additional Details to Ensure Success in this class:
- Students must have a stable internet connection and laptop with a working camera
- This is an online synchronous and asynchronous hybrid course: Students are required to attend class periods on Monday (virtually) using Zoom from 6 PM to 7 PM and team virtual meetings (TBD)
- Asynchronous class work is approximately one and half hours per week.
- Students will meet with current UD Hospitality Business Management Students as part of the teamwork in class which is called the Blue Hen “Nest” Experience