Tutoring and Resources

Academic tutoring and support is available on both main campus and regional campuses.

Virtual Math Tutoring

The AAP’s Math Learning Lab is staffed with faculty and peer tutors. Our math tutors can offer you free expert guidance via Zoom by helping to clarify areas of confusion, reviewing key concepts, and working with you to develop effective study strategies. For Wilmington students, in-person math tutoring is available in Room 926 of the CEB. During the fall 2021 semester, drop-in tutoring hours are offered Monday through Friday. In-person tutoring in Wilmington is also available Tuesday through Friday.
Whether you are preparing for a major exam or just have a quick question about a homework assignment, the tutors at our Math Learning Lab can provide you with the academic support you need to succeed at UD!

Math Lab Drop-In Tutoring Fall 2021

• Mondays 10:00am – 12:00pm (Zoom tutoring only)
  • Tuesdays 10:00am – 3:00pm
  • Thursdays 10:00am – 2:00pm
  • Fridays 10:00am – 12:00pm

To connect with an AAP math tutor during drop-in hours, visit: https://udel.zoom.us/j/438989985

Virtual Writing Support

VIRTUAL WRITING SUPPORT FOR UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE ASSOCIATE IN ARTS STUDENTS

AAP writing specialists Michael Aronovitz and Dr. Brandy Yates can help you with each step of the writing process: selecting a topic, developing a thesis statement, organizing your ideas, and using APA and MLA format effectively. They also offer expert assistance with résumé writing, creative writing, job and scholarship applications, oral presentations and speeches.

For the Fall 2021 semester, AAP writing support will be offered remotely via Zoom. Sign up for an appointment via Blue Hen Success or go directly to our tutors’ schedules through the links below. Follow up with Mr. Aronovitz (marono@udel.edu) or Dr. Yates (byates@udel.edu) via email to request an in-person appointment.

Use the links below to schedule a writing appointment:

If Prof. Aronovitz and Dr. Yates are booked for your preferred time slot, you may make a virtual appointment with the UD Writing Center in Newark: Make an Appointment with the UD Writing Center

Video Introduction to Writing Support Services

Virtual Spanish Tutoring and Support

Did you know that mastery of a second language is among the top desired skills across all occupations? In the global job market, proficiency in a second (or even third!) language is guaranteed to give you a boost up the ladder to professional success. Ultimately, learning a new language is the best way to form a direct and vibrant connection with other cultures.

If you want to explore this connection, AAP Spanish professor Dr. Stasie Harrington is here to help! Dr. Harrington offers Zoom tutoring sessions through which all AAP students can receive assistance with coursework in Spanish 105, 106 and 107. Virtual tutoring appointments will be available from Sept. 13 to Dec. 10, 2021. You can book a tutoring session if you have questions about grammar or vocabulary, want to work on your pronunciation, or would just like to practice conversing in Spanish.

To schedule a Zoom tutoring session with Dr. Harrington via Blue Hen Success, visit www.udel.edu/008726

If you have any questions about scheduling a Spanish tutoring appointment, email stasie@udel.edu.

Virtual CHEM103 Assistance

Nick Tansey, a UD senior in Engineering, is providing Peer-Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) for CHEM103 for the Fall 2021 semester!

• Mondays 6:30-7:30pm

• Thursdays 8:30-9:30pm

• Fridays 1:00-2:00pm

Zoom Link: https://udel.zoom.us/j/4590800093

Below is a brief bio on Nick Tansey for additional information:

I am a senior student with a major in biomedical engineering and a minor in electrical/computer engineering. I am also in the honors program. Here at UD, I have done some work and research in the mechanical neuroimaging lab with the MRI machine as well as some tutoring within the academic enrichment center. At this point, I am not completely sure what I want my full time career to be, but I am in the process of trying to get internships in order to get a better idea. I have thought a lot about prosthetics and bodily devices; the idea of mixing electronics with biology always stuck out to me as interesting. 

Although there wasn’t much of it in my major, chemistry has always been a fun subject for me. I am subscribed to a YouTube channel that hosts tons of very informative and unique organic/inorganic reactions. For example, one time he extracted bismuth from pepto tablets and turned it into the solid metal rainbow crystals. So, I’d like to utilize my fascination with chemistry and my past tutoring experience to lend a hand as a PASS leader to those students who may need it.