Elisa S. Arch, PhD
Dr. Arch received her B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Virginia and her Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Delaware. She then completed a post-doc in Kinesiology & Applied Physiology at the University of Delaware. Dr. Arch’s expertise includes biomechanics and human movement, prosthetics and orthotics, and rehabilitation engineering.
Adrienne Henderson, MS
Ph.D. Student, Biomechanics and Movement Science
Adrienne is a Ph.D. student in the Biomechanics and Movement Science Program at the University of Delaware. She received her B.S and M.S. in Exercise Science from Brigham Young University. Her Master’s research focused on foot and ankle function in diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Ph.D. Student, Mechanical Engineering
Luke is currently a PhD student in the Mechanical Engineering department, being co-advised by Dr. Elisa Arch (KAAP) and Dr. Jill Higginson (MEEG). He received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the Pennsylvania State University in 2017, where he first became involved in biomechanics research. His research interests include prosthetic and orthosis design for both rehabilitation and performance enhancement, and how individuals with normal and pathological gait learn to use assistive devices. In his free time he enjoys running with the University of Delaware club cross country team, biking, and making music with guitar and synthesizers.
Jacob Skigen, BS
Ph.D. Student, Biomedical Engineering
Jake is a Ph.D. student in the Biomedical Engineering Program at the University of Delaware. He received his B.S. in Biomedical and Health Sciences Engineering from North Carolina State University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2020. His research interests include prosthetic and orthotic devices, gait rehabilitation, and neuromechanics.
Current Undergraduate Students
- Kiera Morgan, Biomedical Engineering
- Hannah Kennedy, Biomedical Engineering
- Jess Crawford, Exercise Science & Psychology Double Major
Past Lab Members
- Thomas Hulcher, MS (BIOMS)
- Rosa Kolbeinsdottir, MS (Mechanical Engineering)
- Sarah Colon, MS (BIOMS)
- Corey Koller, PhD (BIOMS)
- Ahlad Neti, B.S. (Biomedical Engineering)
- Daniel Courtney, B.S. (Exercise Science)
- Michael Christensen, B.S. (Exercise Science)
- Cory Cacciola, B.S. (Mechanical Engineering)
- Bretta Fylstra, B.S. (Biomedical Engineering)
- Kimberly Rowe, B.S. (Biomedical Engineering)
- David Rathmanner, B.S. (Biomedical Engineering)
- Christian Poindexter, B.S. (Biomedical Engineering)
- Madison Ciccaglione, B.S. (Exercise Science)
- Kristen Reilly, B.S. (Mechanical Engineering)