Anti-Racist Curriculum in PK-12 Schools
The Anti-Racist Curriculum in PK-12 Schools committee will track and share information about initiatives related to anti-racist curriculum in PK-12 schools and will coordinate or amplify efforts consistent with our goals.
- Build grass-roots support (student roundtables, educator and leader buy-in).
- Help develop anti-racist curriculum at the school/district level as well as in non-school settings (e.g., museums).
- Support ongoing professional development for educators related to anti-racism and culturally responsive practice.
- Incorporate understanding of anti-racism in educator preparation programs.
- Revise curriculum standards and related student assessments.
Co-chair: Christine Carrino Gorowara (Delaware Center for Teacher Education)
Co-chair: Barry Joyce (History & S.S. Education Co-Coordinator)
- Emily Arias Tapia (English Education, Undergraduate Student)
- Lauren Bailes (School of Education)
- Allison Banbury (Center for Counseling & Student Development)
- Melissa Benbow (English, PhD Student)
- Danielle Bing (History, Graduate Student)
- Nancy Boyer (Geography)
- Melissa Braun (Spanish Studies/Political Sciences, Undergraduate Student)
- Taylor Bucy (Psychology/Women’s Studies, Undergraduate Student)
- Shannon Burke (Elementary Education, Undergraduate Student)
- Suzanne Burton (College of Arts and Science Administration/Secondary Teacher Education)
- Alexis Carel (Sociology & Criminal Justice/Psychology, Undergraduate Student)
- Brian Channer (external)
- Ken Cohen (History, Director of Museum Studies)
- Emily Davis (English)
- Lu Ann De Cunzo (Anthropology)
- Jessica Estok ( Student Wellness & Health Promotion)
- Sara Gartland (School of Education, Graduate Student)
- Amy Griffin (Psychological & Brain Sciences)
- Christian Harris (Biological Science, Undergraduate Student)
- Isabelle Hughes (Organizational & Community Leadership and Social Innovation & Entr., Undergraduate Student)
- Samuel Kowalchick (History Education, Undergraduate Student)
- Victoria McHugh (Delaware Center for Teacher Education)
- Mark Miller (Education and Human Development, PhD Student)
- Kristina Najera (College of Human & Education Development/Delaware Center for Teacher Education)
- James O’Neil (Economics)
- Irene Post (Undergraduate Student)
- Annastasia Purinton (School of Education, Graduate Student)
- Rachel Rohman (Criminal Justice/Public Policy, Undergraduate Student)
- Rosalie Rolon-Dow (College of Human & Education Development)
- Nena Todd (External)
- Jennifer Wendell (Human Services & Sociology, Undergraduate Student)
- Dana Wilson (Athletics)
- Carol Wong (School of Education)
- Julia Wright (Undergraduate Student)