Addressing Barriers to Participation in STEM
The Addressing Barriers to Participation in STEM of Historically Underrepresented Students Committee researches and supports the post-secondary academic enrollment, participation, and successes of historically underrepresented students in STEM at the University of Delaware.
The overarching goal is diversity, equity, and inclusion work in STEM fields throughout the University of Delaware.
- Research and disseminate information regarding perceived and actual barriers for historically underrepresented students in STEM.
- Facilitate the outreach and development of pre-college preparation for collegiate level STEM courses for historically underrepresented students.
- Create, advance, and understand the impact of peer mentorship on historically underrepresented students in STEM.
- Educate, prepare, and connect historically underrepresented students in STEM with internships and workforce opportunities.
Co-chair: Stephanie Del Tufo (College of Education and Human Development & Interdisciplinary Neuroscience Graduate Program)
Co-chair: Anne-Marie Nowak (College of Arts and Sciences, Financial Operations team.)
- Amy Griffin (Psychological & Brain Sciences)
- Elizabeth Hagovsky (Graduate College)
- Terry Harvey (Computer & Information Sciences)
- Nikolas Schonsheck (Mathematical Sciences)
- Joshua Zide (Materials Science & Engineering)