Policies, Procedures and Data
Clarifying, disseminating, and enhancing policies related to faculty recruitment, retention, and development is an important step toward improving climate on campus. To this end, members of the UD ADVANCE leadership team partner with faculty, administrators, the Faculty Senate, and AAUP-UD to revise, update, and communicate relevant policies.
- Family-friendly policies for faculty We developed a brochure to consolidate and highlight UD’s family-friendly policies. Language is from the Faculty Handbook and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Dual-career hiring We worked with the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and an appointed committee to formalize a protocol for dual-career hires, which is being disseminated via a brochure and in meetings with chairs and deans. Read more about UD ADVANCE’s work with dual-career hiring at UD.
- Formal mentoring for faculty We are working with Senate Diversity Committee to create a formal faculty mentoring policy (as required by the Faculty Handbook) for assistant and associate professors campus-wide.
- Promotion & Tenure (P&T) UD ADVANCE has a seat on the joint Provost’s/Senate Commission on the University P&T policy, which seeks to to clarify language and procedures.
- Faculty Recruitment We have a seat on a Working Group on Faculty and Staff Recruitment, which is developing a protocol for faculty hiring. The protocol will require training for all faculty search committee members.
Data and Institutional Research
Access to accurate, up-to-date data is fundamental to all of our work. We partner with the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness to understand the representation and status of faculty across campus.
- UD ADVANCE Faculty Diversity brochure, 2017
- UD ADVANCE Faculty Diversity brochure, 2016
- UD ADVANCE Faculty Diversity brochure, 2015
- Facts and Figures
- Diversity Data
- Data Dashboards
- Tenure & Promotion Cohort Analysis