One of UD ADVANCE’s key initiatives is to promote best practices for faculty recruitment through research-based workshops and resources for faculty hiring committees. Workshops were first developed under UD’s ADVANCE PAID grant, based on work done at the University of Michigan and the University of Wisconsin – Madison. UD ADVANCE Faculty Fellows, along with the ADVANCE leadership team, have modified the workshops to keep them up to date and relevant for specific audiences. Workshops are interactive, based on research, and include a module on implicit bias. Workshops are generally offered in the late summer and early fall.
See www.udel.edu/advance for a list of upcoming workshops.
Information on Faculty Recruitment:
- UD ADVANCE Faculty Hiring Manual. Best Practices in Faculty Recruitment
- Quick-Start Guide for Search Committee Chairs
- Sample Workshop Presentation
- Provost’s Faculty Recruitment Protocol
- Rising Above Cognitive Errors by JoAnn Moody