Women and Gender Studies Programs & Events
Every year, Women and Gender Studies sponsors a number of events featuring illustrious guest speakers, films, research conferences, and more. Please use the links below to explore the various programs and events we offer.
Fall Semester 2013
»Spring Semester 2013
- Women’s History through Film 2013 (WOMS 291) , Room 006 Kirkbride Hall, 7:00 PM on Tuesdays
- Research on race, Ethnicity, and Culture – (WOMS 298), Room 223 Gore Hall, 12:20-1:10 PM on Wednesdays.
- Emancipation Semester – UD Department of History
- The New Woman in Black and White:
3/1: Lecture, 6 pm (“The New Woman in Black and White”) by Dr. Margaret Stetz
Location: Delaware Art Museum, 2301 Kentmere Parkway, Wilmington.
The event (which includes a reception) is free, but if you will attend,
register for it at www.delart.org
- Seminar – Dr. Rebecca Davis, March 18, 2013, More Perfect Unions: Marriage, Heterosexuality, and U.S. History, Ewing Room, Perkins Student Center, 6 PM
- Writing Style: Fashioning a “New” and a “Neo-”Woman - April 6, 2013, Dr. Margaret Stetz (University Museums Symposium)
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month – check out this link for more information
- Rita Dove, Poet Laureate, presentation based on her work Sonata Mulattica, April 18-19, 2013
- Student Research on Women, Gender and Sexualities Conference – Temple University – April 27, 2013
Fall Semester 2012
Annual Programs & Events:
- Geis Student Research on Women Conference – now the Student Research on women, Gender and Sexualities Conference
- Gender in International Films
- Research on Race, Ethnicity, and Culture Lecture Series
- Research on Women Lecture Series
- Women’s History Month Film Series
The Sexual Assault Awareness Program:
Recognized every year during April (Sexual Assault Awareness Month), the Sexual Assault Awareness Program is a month-long series of events featuring films, guest lecturers, activities, and live music.
If you are interested in helping to plan 2013 events, or are looking for more information, please contact Angela Seguin at firstname.lastname@example.org.