- Resiliency, Secrets of Successful Employees: Studies have found that when the same events happen to different people, it’s the individual’s response that makes a difference in terms of staying healthy, and using the experience in a positive way in order to grow and thrive—also known as resiliency. What’s the secret? This seminar explores this dynamic and what we can learn from those who are successful at surviving whatever life throws their way and developing their resiliency. The good news is, resiliency can be learned, and many examples exist where it has made all the difference. Participants will leave with tips and techniques for maximizing their own resiliency and positively influencing those around them.
Wednesday, October 26th from 1-2 pm (BrownL)
- Mindfulness and Performance: Mindfulness in its broadest form is the development of impartial present moment focused attention. The goal of this workshop will be to introduce how mindfulness can improve your performance in a variety of settings, including the workplace and classroom.
Wednesday, November 2nd from 12-1pm (Bob Carpenter Building Club House)
- Fact vs. Fiction: Myths about exercise and its impact on your health: Have you ever heard the term “no pain, no gain?” How about “If you’re not sweating, you’re not working hard enough?” What about all of these new health and wellness trends such as waist trainers, are they safe? With readily accessible information in today’s culture, it is easy to loose track of what is fact and what is fiction. Come join our Clinical Exercise Physiologist team to learn more!
Monday, November 7th from 12-1pm (Ewing Lab)
- How much is enough? 2% of your day may be all you need!: Have you ever found yourself saying, “I just don’t have time to exercise today”? Well you are not alone! Lack of time is cited as the number 1 barrier to exercise. What if I told you could gain health benefits from just being active 2% of your day, doesn’t seem as intimidating right? Come join the Clinical Exercise Physiologist team to learn more!
Wednesday, November 9th from 12-1pm (127 Memorial Hall)
Past topics included:
- Balancing Work, Family and Life (1 hour): Strategies on how to work toward attainable personal and professional goals while reducing stress levels.
- Dealing with Difficult People (1.5 hours): This workshop addresses how focusing on the issue can lead to a more productive work environment.
- Caring for the Caregiver (1 hour): This workshop outlines strategies for both the caregiver and care-receiver, including the different types of stress and coping strategies.
If you have an idea for a customized workshop for your department or unit, let us know! We can customize a session specifically for your group.
Please note, you must login with your UDEL credentials to use this form.