Employee Fitness Center
Employee Fitness Classes
This summer, Employee Health and Wellness will be piloting a new model of employee-only fitness classes. Starting June 6, classes will be run in a more flexible format to better meet your needs. Instead of requiring a registration for each class, you will now have the option to buy an unlimited class pass or a single class pass. Attendees will be allowed in the class on a first come, first served basis.
The unlimited class pass will allow you to attend any class, on any day. You will be required to sign in once you get to the class to note your attendance, but no pre-registration is required. This pass is valid for the entire summer session, June 6-August 26.
The single class pass will allow you to attend one single class. If you would like to try out a new class, or just drop in as your schedule permits, this no-commitment option will allow you to do just that. Single class passes can be purchased at any time through the summer session.
To obtain either pass type, visit the registration page. Wellness dollars can be used. Both passes can be purchased at any time during the summer session and are valid through August 26.
Summer Schedule: June 6- August 26
|Strength For All
| Lift It
|Evening||Cardio Strength 5:15-6:15
|Cardio, Strength & Core
CSB Gym 3
CSB Hen House
CSB: Carpenter Sports Building, N College Avenue
*You must have your UD ID to enter the CSB
Employee Fitness Center
University employees, retirees, and spouses have access to the employee-only fitness center, located in the Carpenter Sports Building (CSB). This two-story facility features cardio equipment, strength training equipment, TVs, and access to a personal trainer. In addition to the EFC, employees are eligible to use ALL CSB facilities, including the student fitness center, basketball and racquetball courts, and both the employee and general locker rooms. For an orientation or tour, call 831-8388. The address of the CSB is 26 N. College Ave, Newark, DE 19716.
Employees, retirees, and their spouses are eligible to participate in any of our fitness services with one of our certified trainers.
- Using skinfold calipers, our staff will measure your body fat at three different sites, giving you a more accurate depiction of your body composition and body fat percentage.
- During this 1 hour appointment, a series of assessment will be done to determine your overall fitness level. You will receive a comprehensive report of your results, which can be an effective planning took in developing a workout regime. The following will be measured: BMI Resting heart rate & blood pressure Body composition Aerobic capacity Muscular strength & endurance Flexibility
- 1 session: 15 Wellness Dollars 3 sessions: 40 Wellness Dollars Personal training provides custom one-on-one guidance by our nationally-certified staff for clients of all fitness levels. Trainers will create a unique workout to help you achieve your goals. Appointments are 1 hour in duration and include step by step instruction, with an emphasis on safety and form. Programs can be developed for use in the employee fitness center, home, or anywhere in between. The 3 session package allows you the opportunity to progress over time with the assistance of a trainer. Sessions are scheduled based on what you and your trainer feel is appropriate.
Assessment & Personal Training
- This package allows your trainer to develop a more effective workout to help you reach your goals by using the detailed report from the fitness assessment to analyze current fitness levels. We recommend this be done in 2 separate sessions, as each part takes about 1 hour.
Scheduling Your Appointment
- Log in Here to register for the service(s) you would like.
- Complete a short health & fitness questionnaire for our trainers to review. Return completed forms to the HealthyU office via campus mail (124 CSB) or fax to 831-3303.
- Once your forms are received and a trainer has reviewed them, we will contact you to schedule your appointment. Important: No appointments will be scheduled without completed forms first being received.