Click a link below. Then click Login to Register and, if necessary, click on Create Account located at the bottom of the screen on the XSEDE portal.
Supercomputing for Everyone Series: Performance Tuning Summer School
Class Dates: August 17 – 21, 2015
Class Times: 11 A.M. – 5 P.M. EDT
Register to attend in person (University of Delaware, Newark, DE)
Registration close date: 08/15/2015 21:00 EDT
Description: From a user perspective, supercomputers are more complicated to program and handle than an ordinary desktop workstation. Unfortunately, this leads to parallel programs that do no necessarily satisfy the performance expectations of the users. Such unexpected performance results can have many reasons. Basic knowledge on performance modeling, prediction and verification, as taught in this summer school, is needed by users to formulate and verify their performance expectations.
- Motivating the need for performance considerations.
- Establishing a common performance vocabulary.
- Learning standard situations and parameters.
- Getting to know the tools that provide insight.
- Establishing a higher throughput of experiments.
- Running bigger experiments.
See the class details schedule for requirements and more information about this course.