The Sprig and Twig Garden Club of Dover, DE is offering a $1000.00 scholarship for excellence in plant science, ornamental horticulture, environmental studies, and other related areas. Applicants must be a resident of Kent County, Delaware.
Summer scholarships in field botany for undergraduate and graduate students
- A scholarship for graduate study in public horticulture
- A fellowship to study pollinator decline
- An award to fund graduate and advanced undergraduate students studying horticulture, conservation, botany, environmental science and landscape design relating to arid landscapes
- A fellowship in urban forestry
- An offering in summer environmental studies for residents of New Jersey or non-residents studying in New Jersey
- A fellowship in ecological restoration
- Regional scholarships for undergraduates or graduate students who wish to pursue the study of horticulture and related subjects
- Awards for summer environmental studies to undergraduates following their freshman, sophomore or junior years
- A scholarship to study the habitat of threatened or endangered native birds of the U.S.
- A grant for graduate students to conduct field research on biology and management of rare flora
- A scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students for the study abroad of tropical horticulture and botany
- A fellowship in garden history and design
- An internship in garden history and design with a preference given to those who want to intern at the Smithsonian
- A summer scholarship in medicinal botany primarily for undergraduate students
- A fellowship in medicinal botany
- Awards in tropical botany for Ph.D. candidates to pursue independent field study
- Funding to assist graduate students for field work and research in coastal wetland studies
- A fellowship in landscape architecture at the American Academy in Rome
- Scholarships for graduate study in horticulture and landscape architecture in Great Britain
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longwood Gardens is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic individual for the position of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Technician in the Horticulture Department. Primary responsibilities include assisting the IPM Specialist by scouting, diagnosing, treating, and training staff on plant health care issues and evaluating cultural, biological, mechanical, and chemical control strategies to reduce pests to tolerable levels across all areas of the conservatory, greenhouses, outdoor gardens and natural areas. This work requires a thorough understanding of horticultural practices, plant-pest interactions, control techniques and application equipment. This individual will conduct large tree sprays and other pesticide applications throughout the property, help train and direct the IPM team (staff, students, volunteers, and contractors) and assist with the management of all aspects of Longwood Gardens’ pesticide safety program.
Minimum of an Associate’s degree in entomology, plant pathology, or horticulture equivalent with two years’ experience working in landscape and/or greenhouse horticulture with special emphasis in pest management scouting, diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of ornamental plants is required. Must have or be willing to obtain a Class B commercial driver’s license and a PA Pesticide applicator’s license.
The successful candidate will possess good time management, organizational, and observation skills with strong attention to detail; fluency with Microsoft office, and strong communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences.
Please mail your resume with salary requirements to the address below.
Longwood Gardens, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 501
Kennett Square, PA 19348
Fax 610.388.5495 or e-mail email@example.com.
The job posting can be found here: http://longwoodgardens.org/employment/full-time-job-opportunities