The Office of Academic Enrichment provides a number of resources that can provide help to students who are struggling, as well as to those who are successful and looking for ways to sharpen their skills.
- Individual Tutoring. We are happy to announce that you now can hire our individual tutors online! Undergraduate tutors are available for $13.00/hr; graduate tutors are $16.00/hr.
- Drop-In Tutoring. Two hours a day, five days a week, drop-in tutoring is available in math, chemistry and physics.
- Group Tutoring. Free group tutoring in a number of courses is offered each semester. Groups are formed in response to student requests.
STUDY SKILLS ASSISTANCE
- Workshops at the OAE. We appreciate your posting our workshop schedule where it will be visible to students visiting your department; feel free to make as many copies as you wish.
- Online workshops: Your Roadmap to Success (http://www.udel.edu/AEC-workshop/). These workshops are designed to help students identify skill areas they need to improve in, to practice new techniques, and to evaluate their progress.
- Study Skills course (UNIV113). This one-credit pass/fail course includes comprehensive coverage of strategies for successful studying, which are then put to use in a concurrent “target class” of the student’s choice. While the course is aimed at freshmen and sophomores, exceptions can be made for other students when needed. Only a few seats left!
- Academic Intake appointments. Any student can meet with one of our staff members to assess his/her current study strategies and develop a plan for strengthening those strategies. In particular, students in academic difficulty can benefit from this one-on-one academic counseling.