The mission of the student machine shop is to support educational programs at the University of Delaware by providing a safe and well supervised facility for students to have the opportunity for hands-on fabrication and manufacturing experience. Programs currently supported by the shop include but are not limited to Undergraduate and Graduate Curriculums, Honors Programs, Student Research, and Student Clubs.
Procedure for Using the Shop:
- Register for FOM (skip this step if you are already registered) This is our tracking and machine reservation software.
- Complete the Basic Shop Safety and Hand and Power Tools Safety Training Session*
- Review all the new and/or revised Shop Safety materials on the shop web page.
- Log into FOM to receive the link to the Shop Safety and Hand and Power tools Safety quiz.
- Complete the quiz with a passing grade of 100%. You now have shop access.
- Additonal training is required to use the Milling Machines, Lathes, and Welding equipment. These machines must be reserved in advance. Once you have completed the training, you can log on to FOM to reserve machines or check machine availability.
* This session only need to be completed one time by new students or first time shop users – check the News and Events tab for the training schedule.
Sign up for training in the Shop or by emailing Mr. Nelson.
April Basic Shop Safety Training and Hand and Power Tools Training - Thursday, April 6th from 9:30 to 11am. April Milling Machine training - Tuesday, April 11th from 9:30 to 11am. April Lathe training - Thursday, April 13th from 9:30 to 11am. Class sizes are very...read more