The mission of the student machine shop is to support educational programs at the University of Delaware by providing a safe and well supervised facility for students to have the opportunity for hands-on fabrication and manufacturing experience. Programs currently supported by the shop include but are not limited to Undergraduate and Graduate Curriculums, Honors Programs, Student Research, and Student Clubs.
Procedure for Using the Shop:
Register for FOM (skip this step if you are already registered) This is our online tracking and scheduling software.
- Complete the Basic Shop Safety and Hand and Power Tools Safety Training Session* To sign up for training, Click on the SCHEDULING link above and then CALENDAR then the training you want. Click LEARN MORE for the link to sign up.
- Review all the new and/or revised Shop Safety materials on the shop web page.
- Log into FOM to receive the link to the Shop Safety and Hand and Power tools Safety quiz.
- Complete the quiz with a passing grade of 100%. You now have shop access.
- Additional training is required to use the Milling Machines, Lathes, and Welding equipment. You can sign up on the calendar as noted above. Once you have completed the training, you can log on to FOM to reserve machines or check machine availability. These machines must be reserved in advance.
* This session only need to be completed one time by new students or first time shop users – check the News and Events tab for the training schedule
Basic Shop Safety and Hand and Power Tools Safety Training - Tuesday, August 1st from 9:30 to 11am. Milling Machine Training - Thursday, August 3rd from 9:30 to 11am. Lathe Training - Tuesday, August 8th from 9:30 to 11am. Basic Welding Training - Thursday, August...read more