Last updated 4-13-2010
- Digital Dossier from the Digital Natives project
- Think Before You Post, a PSA from The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC)
Social Networking sites
- Eons.com — Social networking site for seniors ages 50+.
- Whyville.net — ‘Safe’ social networking aimed at 8-15 year olds
- ClubPenguin.com – a social networking site for preteens
- WebKinz – social networking meets Beanie Babies!
Training Resources on Social Networking
Resources and References
- Social Networking | Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project.
- Suler, J. (1996-2010). Psychology of Cyberspace. Retrieved March 30, 2010, from http://www-usr.rider.edu/~suler/psycyber/psycyber.html
- danah boyd :: Publications.
- Miemis, Vennessa. (2010, February 6). The Importance of Managing Your Online Reputation. emergent by design. .Retrieved March 30, 2010, from http://emergentbydesign.com/2010/02/06/the-importance-of-managing-your-online-reputation/
- The Teen Brain: It’s Just Not Grown Up Yet : NPR. (2010, March 1). NPR : National Public Radio : News & Analysis, World, US, Music & Arts : NPR. Retrieved March 30, 2010, from http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124119468&sc=emaf
- Willard, N. (2008). Techno-Panic & 21st Century Education: Make Sure Internet Safety Messaging Does Not Undermine Education for the Future. The Center for Safe and Responsible Internet Use. Retrieved March 30, 2010, from cyberbully.org/documents/Techno-Panic_002.pdf
- Your Privacy; Your Reputation. Microsoft Data Privacy Day 2010
- PBS Frontline – all online