The members of the Respect Committee include:
OCM: Holly Norton
Disability Support Services: Anne Jannarone
Equity & Inclusion: Jennifer Daniels
Equity & Inclusion: Jessica Rickmond*
Facilities, Real Estate & Auxiliary Services: Sheila Boyle
Jo Alice Casapulla
Faculty: Thomas Powers
Graduate Student Senate: Cesar Caro
Human Resources: Patty Fogg*
Cecily Sawyer Harmon
Information Technology: Kate Webster
LGBTQ Caucus: Karla Bell
The Libraries: Julie Brewer
Student Government Association: Matthew Rojas
Student Life: Katie Rizzo
UDPD: Jeff Evans
* indicates co-chair
Statement of Respect & Responsibility
The University of Delaware community values both personal and academic freedom. Each member of the campus community has the responsibility to promote an atmosphere in which the free exchange of ideas and opinions can flourish. All members have the right to benefit from this atmosphere. We realize these values by learning from individual and collective differences, and by engaging with every human being, through:
- RESPECT: We value individual differences, intersections of identities and life experiences. Understanding inclusion means listening to various viewpoints, which strengthens our community and supports our intellectual growth.
- CULTURE: We ensure a welcoming campus culture that advocates for each individual’s voice to be heard.
- GROWTH: We seek self-awareness to strengthen connections and relationships with others. We engage in open dialogue that builds trust and support.
- INTEGRITY: We pride ourselves on honesty and transparency. Leadership, accountability, and professionalism nurture a positive campus climate and community.
- ENGAGEMENT: We collaborate with local, national and international communities to make significant contributions through research, teaching, learning and service.
In joining the UD community, we understand and acknowledge the importance of embracing this Statement of Respect and Responsibility.
Respect Committee Charge
The charge of the Respect Committee is to explore avenues of incorporating respect throughout the University of Delaware. The work of the committee will result in the development of recommendations in order to implement a meaningful culture change on campus. The recommendations will impact the entire campus community in regards to how we work, study, teach and interact with one another on a regular basis regardless of affiliation to campus: faculty, staff or student.
Respect & Responsibility Resources