Robbi K. Alexander, PhD, APN, PMHCNS-BC
Assistant Professor of Nursing
380 McDowell Hall
Dr. Alexander’s research interests include nursing workforce diversity and nurse-engendered hope for clients with mental illness. She teaches in the undergraduate and DNP nursing programs in the areas of psychiatric and mental health nursing.
- PhD, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- MSN, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- BSN, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
University of Delaware:
- Instructor- NURS 354: Psychosocial Nursing
- Instructor- NURS 671: Psych Mental Health Nursing I
- Instructor- NURS 674: Psych Mental Health NP Practicum I
2016 CO-PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR, “Patients with Eating Disorders: Perceptions of Hope and Hope-Engendering Nurse Interventions”, with D. Stavarski, PhD, RN, study in process.
2015 PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR, “African American Non-Nursing Science Majors’ Perceptions of Nursing in the Context of Career Ideals”, University of Delaware SON, 5/15- manuscript(s) in process.
2013 CO-PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR, “Factors Influencing Underrepresented Minority Career Choice, Recruitment and Retention to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program”, with C. Diefenbeck, University of Delaware SON, 6/13-study in process.
2012 PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR, “Exploring the Perceptions of African American and Latino Non-nursing Undergraduate Science Majors about Nursing as a Career Option”, with V. Rempusheski, University of Delaware SON, 4/12-dissertation pilot research.
2012 CO-PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR, “Understanding the Lived Experiences of African-American and Latino/a Students in the University of Delaware School of Nursing”, “Nursing Education Perspectives”, with C. Diefenbeck and B. Michalec, University of Delaware SON, 2/12-1/13.
- 12/16-Present, Advanced Practice Nurse, Princeton HealthCare System, Princeton, NJ
Honors and Awards
- Scholarly Distinction Award, Sigma Theta Tau International Society of Nursing, 2015
- University of Delaware, Graduate Fellowship, 2014-2015
- Jonas Nurse Leader Scholar, Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence, American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Washington, DC, 2012