- Program Requirements
- Traditional Program
- Accelerated Nursing
- Change of Major
- Accelerated FAQ’s
- RN to BSN Program
- Honors Nursing Program
- Undergraduate Student Handbook
- Clinical Mandatory Requirements
- Undergraduate FAQs
- Why UD Nursing?
- Student Nursing Organization
Transfer Credit Equivalency Search
** The University requires a minimum grade of C for all transfer credit
Use this link to help you determine transferability of courses
The RN to BSN Program
The School of Nursing has been providing distance education since 1993 both locally and globally. The faculty are skilled in delivering quality courses using online technology including video lectures, asynchronous discussion groups and real time face to face discussions between faculty and students.
The innovative program provides the preparation necessary for continued graduate education success. The curriculum is created to further develop students’ scholarly writing skills, leadership skills, research knowledge, and use of evidence based practice to provide a growth experience for the actively practicing registered nurse.
Students have access to all campus resources including an online library with retrievable full text articles. Courses are provided Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer sessions providing year round learning opportunities.
Think you may be interested? Take the first step and complete an unofficial transcript evaluation today! Cost is free and results mailed quickly. An advisor will follow up with you to discuss your personal curriculum plan. Click on the Unofficial Transcript Evaluation button for details.
For more information: http://www.pcs.udel.edu/transcript-rn-to-bsn/
RN to BSN
The School of Nursing awards a BSN degree after completion of 120 credits of prescribed coursework. A 2.5 cumulative GPA is required of all previously attended Colleges
- 59 transferable non nursing credits
- 31 credits of baccalaureate level nursing (includes an 84 hour practicum)
- 30 credits awarded for your current RN licensure
Click here to view the RN to BSN Curriculum
Testing Options for Online Courses
Not all courses require testing. Many courses require formal paper writing as a way to assess learning. When testing is required, these are your options:
- Testing is available at the UD Online Testing sites in Newark, Dover, and Georgetown. Please click here for the process, directions, and hours. . http://www.pcs.udel.edu/udonline/exams/
- Testing online with Proctor U from any geographical location. Look for details by clicking the link for more information and from UD online to submit further questions http://www.pcs.udel.edu/udonline/exams/
Does your employer provide tuition benefits?
Deferred tuition payment option is available for up to 30 days after grades are received. Click here for information on Nursing Deferred Tuition.
State Authorization of Distance Learning
Education institutions must obtain approval before enrolling students, advertising, marketing, or performing other regulated activities in individual states. Click the link or more details about approval in your state http://www.pcs.udel.edu/udonline/state-authorization/
UD Tuition Rates and Fees
More information is available at http://www.pcs.udel.edu/reg/credit/tuition/
To Apply to the RN to BSN Program
Click here to complete the online application for admission.
International Student Application Requirement
*You must submit your academic credentials for evaluation to one of the following organizations. We must receive ORIGINAL Credential Evaluations or files directly from the organization completing the evaluation on your behalf:
A course-by-course credential evaluation by WES.
Other require documentation may include:
- Official transcript (and certified literal English translation when necessary)
- Official course syllabi or descriptions used by the institution (with certified literal English translations when necessary)
For additional information please visit the following pages:
Transfer Credits taken from International Institutions (http://www1.udel.edu/registrar/transfer/intl.html)
Office of International Students and Scholars (http://www1.udel.edu/oiss/)