School of Nursing
367 McDowell Hall
Functional Performance Lab: 381 McDowell Hall
- Function Focused Care of neurologically compromised older adults and their caregivers, specifically individuals living with Parkinson’s disease.
- Development and testing of exercise interventions for people with Parkinson’s Disease and for stroke survivors with the goal of increasing physical activity and function.
- Development and testing of PDShoe (gait synchronized vibration shoe)
- Development and testing of objective measures of gait (SEnsole)
- PhD, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
- Post Masters Certificate – Cardio-Pulmonary CNS, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- MA, New York University School of Nursing, New York, NY
- BSN, New York University School of Nursing, New York, NY
Honors & Awards
- 2011 Researcher of the Month. UD College of Health Sciences, School of Nursing.
- 2010 Recipient of the first “Edmond J. Safra Philanthropic Foundation Distinguished Scholar in Nursing Award for Outstanding achievement in improving the lives of people living with Parkinson’s disease”.
- 2009 Nominated for the “Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising Award” ,
University of Delaware.
- 2009 Accepted to Visiting Nurse Faculty Program – a Parkinson’s Disease Educational Program. Sponsored by the Edmond J. Safra Foundation.
- 2008 “Award for Parkinson Research”, American Quarter Horse Ride Benefit.
- 2008 Accepted to AACN Geriatric Nursing Education Consortium (GNEC) program. Awarded from AACN/John A. Hartford Foundation
- 2007 Recipient of 2007 “Geriatrics and Gerontology Education and Research Program.” Student Award for excellence in Clinical Service, University of Maryland, Baltimore.
- 2005 Recipient of John A. Hartford Foundation Pre-Doctoral BAGNC Scholarship. Grant # 05-106).
- 2001 Induction into the Sigma Theta Tau International (Nursing Honor Society), UD.