Beatrice Gaynor, PhD, ARNP, FNP-C
Dr. Beatrice Gaynor is an assistant professor in the School of Nursing at the University of Delaware. She earned a B.S.N. from the University of Delaware, an M.S.N. in Family Practice from Wilmington University, and a Ph.D. in Nursing Science from the University of Delaware. Dr. Gaynor’s research examines the utilization and effect of measurements in primary care. She is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner working in the Nurse Managed Primary Care Center at the University of Delaware and the Occupational Health/Walk-In Clinic at Bayhealth Medical Center.
- Ph.D., University of Delaware (Nursing), 2017
- M.S.N., Wilmington University (Family Practice), 1996
- B.S.N., University of Delaware (Nursing), 1992
- NURS 692: Nurse Practitioner Adult I Practicum
- NURS 693: Nurse Practitioner Adult II Didactic
- NURS 694: Nurse Practitioner Adult II Practicum
- Wright, R.S., Waldstein, S.R., Kuczmarski, M.F., Pohlig, R.T., Gerassimakis, C.S., Gaynor, B., Evans, M.K. & Zonderman, A.B. (2016). Diet Quality and Cognitive Function in an Urban Sample: Findings from HANDLS. Public Health Nutrition.
- Gaynor, B., & Prettyman, A.V. (2013). Increasing APRN Practice to Bridge Gaps in Healthcare. Delaware State Board of Nursing Advanced Practice Newsletter, 6, 1-3.
- Gaynor, B., & Prettyman, A.V. (2013). The Impact the Consensus Model will have on the practicing Advanced Practice Nurse. Delaware State Board of Nursing Advanced Practice Newsletter, 4, 1-2.
Honors and Awards
- PhD Commencement speaker, School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware. 2017.
- Dissertation Dan Rich Prize nominee. University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware. 2017.
- Jonas Nurse Leader Scholar. Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence, American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Washington, DC. 2014-2016.
- Virginia Lee Franklin Fellow. University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware. 2013-2014.
- Edmond J. Safra Visiting Faculty Nurse Program. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland. 2013.