Accelerated Nursing Degree
- Program Requirements
- Traditional Program
- Accelerated Nursing
- Change of Major
- Accelerated FAQ's
- RN to BSN Program
- Honors Nursing Program
- Clinical Mandatory Requirements
- Undergraduate FAQs
- Student Handbook
- Why UD Nursing?
- Student Nursing Organization
Patch Sold Separate through Meridy's if needed for
alternate lab coat.
Brief Program Description
The Accelerated Degree Program is for individuals who have obtained a baccalaureate degree, in another field, and wish to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). This is a full-time, 17-month, on-Campus nursing curriculum that requires the completion of all prerequisites (see below).
You must have a 3.0 GPA or higher in your previous baccalaureate degree to be eligible. *prerequisite science GPA and rigor is of importance and preferred from a four year college or University.
(All sciences must have been completed in the last 10 years, and the A&P sequence must have been completed in the last 5 years)
- General Biology with Laboratory (BISC205 or BISC207)
- Microbiology with Laboratory (BISC300 or MEDT270)
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II (KAAP220 and 221)
- General Chemistry with Laboratory (CHEM103 or CHEM105)
- BioOrganic Chemistry with Laboratory (CHEM106 or CHEM321/325 AND CHEM322/326)
- Nutrition (NTDT200)
- Psychology (PSYC100)
- Lifespan Development (HDFS201)
- Statistics (STAT200 or MATH201)
If interested the first step is to apply!
Please fill out the online application and mail in formal transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
University of Delaware
School of Nursing
351 McDowell Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
The committee will be meeting quarterly to review all applicants.
After reviewing the information above, any remaining questions can be forwarded to to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The committee will review your inquiry and respond.
*International students must submit a course by course equivalency report with grade point averages from an organization approved by the University of Delaware Admissions Office. See information at bottom of this web page.
Transfer Credit Equivalency Search
** The University requires a minimum grade of C for all transfer credit
Use this link to help you determine transferability of courses.
International Student Application Requirement
*You must submit your academic credentials for evaluation to one of the following organizations. We must receive ORIGINAL Credential Evaluations or files directly from the organization completing the evaluation on your behalf:
A course-by-course credential evaluation by WES.
Other require documentation may include:
- Official transcript (and certified literal English translation when necessary)
- Official course syllabi or descriptions used by the institution (with certified literal English translations when necessary)
For additional information please visit the following pages:
Transfer Credits taken from International Institutions (http://www1.udel.edu/registrar/transfer/intl.html)
Office of International Students and Scholars (http://www1.udel.edu/oiss/)