Person-Centered Primary Care
At the Nurse Managed Primary Care Center, we offer comprehensive, holistic care. Our team members collaborate with you and each other to develop interdisciplinary plans to help you achieve and maintain wellness. Our services include:
- Complete Physicals and Primary Care with a focus on health promotion and disease prevention
- Women’s Health examinations and care
- Adult immunizations (including flu shots)
- Illness treatment such as: red eye, ear aches, sinus infections, sore throats, upper respiratory infections, etc.
- Now seeing ages 13 and up, including sports physicals.
- Injury care – sprained ankles, back pain, etc.
- Chronic illness management
- Nutrition counseling, health coaching, exercise counseling, and other prevention and wellness services
- Parkinson’s Disease Clinic
- Ability to login to a secure patient portal to request an appointment, a medication refill, or communicate directly with your provider
Your Medical Home
The UD Nurse Managed Primary Care Team is constantly working to improve the quality and experience of care provided to our patients. We are currently undergoing a long-term, comprehensive quality improvement effort aimed at achieving national recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home. A Medical Home is not a building, place, or hospital. Rather, it is an approach to providing comprehensive, personal healthcare.
As a Medical Home, our goals are to:
- Put you and your family at the center of your care
- Communicate clearly and listen attentively to your questions, concerns and priorities
- Help you manage short-term issues, long-term chronic illnesses, and help you achieve a healthy lifestyle and overall wellbeing
- Provide care for you that takes into account not only your physical health care needs, but your behavioral and mental health care needs as well
- Keep you up-to-date on vaccines and preventive care
- Notify you of test results in a timely manner
- Help you to coordinate your care across all settings, including behavioral and mental health services
- Give you information on community resources and other services to support your physical, social, emotional, and mental health
As a patient in our Medical Home, we ask that you please:
- Be an active participant in your health care
- Keep us up-to-date on new prescriptions or over-the-counter medications you are taking
- Let us know when you see other healthcare providers so we can help coordinate your care; when you transfer to our practice as a new patient, or when you see a specialist for care, please ask you other providers’ offices to fax your medical records or a summary of your care to us. Our fax # is 302-831-3193.
- Ask questions if you do not understand something
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule as early as possible
- Bring your insurance card and photo ID to each appointment
- Pay co-pays and past due balances at the time of service
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4PM (Wednesdays until 7 PM). To schedule an appointment, call 302-831-3195 to speak with Jeannie, Iriana or one of our student workers. Si usted habla Español, por favor pregunte por Iriana.
We will always make an effort to schedule you with your designated Primary Care Provider. Same-day appointments are available for urgent and routine needs. We encourage you to call as early as possible if a same-day appointment is desired
Contacting our Staff & Providers:
If you have a question for one of our providers or staff during office hours, feel free to call our office and speak to a front desk staff member who will connect you with the appropriate person on our team. If it is after office hours, please call our office number and follow the instructions to reach the on-call provider. Of course, if you have a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed directly to the emergency room.
Access to Care:
We provide equal access to care regardless of source of payment. If you do not have health insurance, please visit www.healthcare.gov for information about obtaining coverage. Our partners at Westside Family Healthcare are a great source for information regarding obtaining insurance coverage on Healthcare.gov. Their enrollment assisters will even offer support with the enrollment process. Their phone number is 302-472-8655.