The Guts to Lead a Group

When I decided to make this the title of the blog, I was thinking about calling it responsibility but I realized that taking responsibility requires the guts to accept it; simply because you can easily say no to it and can feel inadequate.

Let me define it first. Responsibility is the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone.

And in every trip we go to I believe in this more and more as I see it in myself as I have this referent power given to me by my peers and I happily accept it. Disneyland as much as it was the happiest days of my life but it required responsibility to make it the happiest as you have to decide what you really wanna do to enjoy every second and make it worthwhile. And, I naturally found myself taking responsibility without even thinking about it, and it was only responsibility of making myself happy but the rest of the group that was part of, and it was fun especially when everyone starts telling stories about it at the end of the day.

Disneyland

Disneyland

Then, we go to New York and part two of happiness begins where everyone wants to do and try everything but time is your barrier. At this point, you will take the responsibility of doing what you really want and not hesitate for a second. And, here is the outcome in the next picture.

Yes it’s the Empire State view

Yes it’s the Empire State View

Empire State View

Empire State View

And if you relate this to leadership; you will find that in your daily life and at work you will have to do this. In other words, having the guts to do the right thing!

In Times Square with the UD MEPIs

In Times Square with the UD MEPIs

Bookmark the permalink.