Home Far Away

It has been an amazing experience. The people I met, the things we do, and the laughter we created will always rest among our happiest memories. I believe that we as youth carry the energy and power to do anything in the world and we will achieve what we believe no matter what challenges we face. As we go through this journey to become leaders, we will bow to serve and reach out for our dreams.

After a long and exciting trip to San Diego in which we spent the best days of this program, we came back in an exhausting trip to catch up on sleep followed immediately by our intense academic assignments which reminded us of the purpose of being here and the part that will make us successful leaders.

Later on the day, we were taken by surprise to present our elevator speech. It felt like American idol auditions but it was really fun. Then we had a large dinner gathering which made me feel like I’m home again.

Breaking Fast Together

Breaking Fast Together

We ended our day by watching a funny movie with the Washington Fellows and enjoyed a day full of laughter and joy. This group is truly a family away from home.

Sarah Pic 2

Movie Night with the Washington Fellows

–Sarah

Bookmark the permalink.