The Conference Organizing Committee has reserved a block of hotel rooms for the dates of 04/19-04/23/2017 at the Courtyard Marriott in Newark, DE (less than a mile from the Conference). To take advantage of our group rate (below), please provide the full name of the conference or simply “LSRL.”
- $156.00 per night
- This hotel is within walking distance of the Conference.
The Marriott shuttle schedule is available here.
The Conference Organizing Committee has reserved a block of hotel rooms for the dates of 04/19-04/22/2017 at the Embassy Suites in Newark, DE (about 2 miles from the conference). To take advantage of our group rate (below), provide the full name of the conference or simply “LSRL.” This rate is only available through March 20, 2017.
- $144.00 per night plus 8% occupancy tax for a suite with a king or two queens
- The rate is based on up to two adults. Each additional adult is $15.00.
- All overnight guests will receive a complimentary hot buffet breakfast each morning with cooked to order eggs and an evening reception with complimentary beer, wine, mixed drinks, soft drinks and light snacks.
- There is also complimentary shuttle that travel within a 5 mile radius (including to Trabant where the conference is being held).
There are also several additional hotels in the area, where you may consider booking:
- Homewood Suites (2 miles from Conference)
- Baymont Inn & Suites (2 miles from Conference)
- Red Roof Inn & Suites (2.3 miles from Conference)
- Blue Hen Bed & Breakfast (2 miles from Conference)
We likewise have a small number of graduate students offering crash space for incoming students who are travelling from abroad or from farther away in the US (e.g. the West Coast). Students who are interested in crashing should contact one of the committee organizers: Yaqian Huang (email@example.com) and join the Facebook page. Information on travel grants can be found here.
Please be aware that Newark is a thinly scattered town. When making reservations at Airbnb or any local hotel, please make sure that you are within walking distance from the conferece or campus or have a university shuttle stop nearby. If you’re best option isn’t within walkig distance from campus or a shuttle, Uber and Lyft are available.
More information on the UD shuttle bus system will be provided soon.