Advisors and students working together to develop an individualized plan for accomplishing student goals.
WHO IS MY ADVISOR
First-year and Sophomore students are assigned an Academic Advisor. Junior and Senior students are assigned a Faculty Advisor. You can find out who your advisor is by logging into UDSIS and looking on the right side of your Student Center page for your advisor’s name. If you are assigned Kathy Masso or Joyce Muller as your advisor, please see the Advising Appointments link in the left menu to schedule an appointment time. If you are assigned a faculty advisor, please email them directly to make an appointment: KAAP Faculty Directory.
WHERE ARE WE LOCATED?
Fred Rust Ice Arena — 541 South College Avenue
Hop on the North/South College or North/South Academy bus. Get off at the Ice Arena/Townsend Hall stop. Head towards the Fred Rust Ice Arena (blue awning). Walk alongside the right side of the building towards the Gold Arena. Enter the last door on the left of the Ice Arena building. The sign next to the door reads Kinesiology & Applied Physiology.
- Develop your decision-making skills, self-awareness, and self-direction
- Clarify and evaluate your progress toward academic and life goals consistent with your strengths, interests, and abilities
- Assist with course selection and registration
- Interpret academic policies, procedures, and requirements
- Refer to academic and support services as appropriate
- Help you consider other educational opportunities in addition to your coursework (volunteering, study abroad, campus organizations, etc.) and refer you to University offices which might also assist you
- Take responsibility for academic planning
- Understand degree requirements
- Follow academic procedures and policies
- Communicate with your advisor; read all advising correspondence
- Attend advising meetings prepared
- Apply advising recommendations in order to achieve your academic plan
- Seek assistance from instructors, learning centers, and other university services
- Contact your advisor promptly when you have questions or concerns
- Problem-solve to revise and achieve your academic plan