Kinesiology and Applied Physiology Department
Explore KAAP Programs
We provide students with a collaborative culture to learn and pursue rigorous research that has an immediate impact on the health of society.
Meet Our New Faculty
Orthotics & Prosthetics for Enhanced Mobility Laboratory
Prosthetic and Orthotic Devices Design
– Manufacture (3D Printing)
– Personalized Prescription Biomechanics & Human Movement
– Adaptive capacity of human musculoskeletal system
– Interaction between musculoskeletal system and devices during walking
Biomarker identification and therapeutic development for:
– Muscular dystrophy
– Cachexia/muscle atrophy
– Lysosomal storage diseases
Sensory Processing during Standing/Walking
– Vestibular loss
– Cerebral Palsy
– Parkinson’s Disease
KAAP Featured Research
Biomechanics Analysis Helps Skaters Reach Their Powerful Potential
Dr. Jim Richards and his research team have rigged up an array of 10 cameras that capture data from reflective markers placed on skaters. As they attempt challenging jumps, the cameras capture their precise positions, the speed of their rotations, and their time in the air.
Read the full UDaily article here.