*Minutes (Recorded by Noemi Murphy)
Meeting on 11/17/2015
International Education Week – tags came in time for the Festival of Nations on 11/16/15 – over 100 tags were left to distribute during the course of this year.
Events to use tags: Benefit Fairs with UD with the Dept. of Diversity and Inclusions; lunch with Andrew Haines in the Spring (?)
Do something during Alumni Weekend for the summer? Budget starts at the beginning of the Fall semester and ends by the end of the Spring Semester. Pre-pay in advance for the summer events or take the remaining balance of our budget and put it into a cash card – the cash card can be used in the summer.
New survey – has not been sent out, yet. The previous survey was sent out referring to the MESA survey.
What are we trying to do/accomplish? Move forward with a Survey that is more simple. = How can we support you better?
ADVANCE grant – in order to do a survey for faculty and staff around other issues.
How do we get the list of emails? – do we ask OISS? If so, we need to request permission through Ravi to pull the data.
How do we decide who is a member? -clarify membership.
Mailing list is a broadcast list that we use once or twice a year to let them know about the Caucus. It would be better to ask who would like to sign up for emails and then only email the people who signed up.
Ask Amy is the Intl Caucus can be advertised on the UD Global website. – advertise through the Global bulletin.
Website should show and advertise more events – pulling events from IGS, ELI, OISS – any event that is open to the international community.
Research Scholars who could be part of the board – think of someone who will stay here at UD for a while.
Meeting on 12/16/2015
VP Announcement: Ana Kim is the new Vice Chair
Who do we represent: –> check with Sue Groff for the description of the caucus’ mission.
-International staff and faculty (non US citizens)
-Domestic faculty and staff – citizens with international background
-Graduate students who are employed by the university. –>Travis will add this information on the website
- Update information
- Photo on the website of all members: clarify positions on Caucus and on Campus.
- IC board meeting –> minutes on the website
- Social Media: –> CPA protocols for new University’s account
- Provide a platform where people can connect. –> Add the link to the page to a welcome bag.
- Connect with other caucuses
- Advertise the ICH
- Possible sponsorship of ICH in Spring 2016 ($200) -March 11
- Survey Status and Timing
- Add F-1 graduate students
- US citizens
- I was previously aware of the IC before receiving the survey
- Please select the social media tools that will beneficial for you
- What kinds of activities
- UD Welcomes the World (activities)
- IEW Festival of Nations
- Last question: An online UD global community (any UD sponsored FB, IG, Twitter accounts)
- Gender identification – Kim will look into this.
- Add a question: Would you like to see more opportunities for members to take an active role with the IC?
- Brainstorm “quick wins”
- Coffee crawl –> more down the road
- ICH sponsorship
- UD welcomes the world
- Andrew Haines – Deputy City Manager city of Newark –> mid February; or first week of May (preference).
- 3/11 ICH
- Washington DC with ELI: the first (tot) amount of people to sign up for (less amount) $.
- Employee benefits fair
- BANNER: check the price
- Google Docs –> IC folder